Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thanks for stopping by!

I’m happy to see that lots of people have been visiting my Historical Maps of Toronto site. Thanks for your support!

Fort York Maps
You’re invited to check out my followup mapping project: Fort York and Garrison Common Maps, a collaboration with Stephen Otto and The Friends of Fort York.

Created to coincide with the bicentenary of the Battle of York (Apr. 27), the site visually explores the evolution of usage and ownership of Fort York and the surrounding military reserve. Highly recommended for history buffs!

Other stuff I’ve written... 
I like to write about a broad range of material. Here are some suggestions for you to read:

What Does A Decade of TTC Metropass Designs Look Like? - A very popular post about my TTC monthly pass collection...

The Secret Life of Iyma Lamarche, Rock Climber - an interview with rising local climbing superstar Iyma Lamarche

The Return of Longboard Haven Skate Shop - a profile of a fantastic indie skate shop on Queen Street East



A Thoroughly Enjoyable Guest Appearance on the CBC’s Lang and O’Leary Exchange aka that time I got on TV

A Pratfall of Monumental Indiscretion aka the time Canada’s most decorated citizen personally notified me, in writing, that I had made an egregious error. And also cc’d the Premier, the Leader of the Opposition, and the Lieutenant Governor.




If you don’t see anything you like, try looking in the archives or use the 'View Random Post' option in the sidebar!